Born in Rome. Move to Pistoia where attend to the technical high school Pacinotti.
In 1967 starts its designer job at Permaflex group where co-operate to the researches about expanded polyurethane use for furniture and upholsteries.
From 1970 to 1975 leads the UNO PI Technical Department by that time the most up-dated company into chemicals for furniture.
Co-operate with many designer by industrializing their projects and setting up several products using expanded polyurethane in combination with advanced mechanical technologies, starting up firsts UNO Pi products.
He co-operates to the technical design of liner seats as Douglas DC-10, VIP Douglas DC-9 and Airbus.
From 1975 to 1977 co-operates with the Giovannetti company in Pistoia, where improve his experience industrializing and co-operating with many important designers and architects.
He designs various systems, components and mechanisms for sofa beds.
In 1977 begins his professional activity by opening his office of technical consulting and industrial design in Pistoia.
Products as modular furniture, furniture, beds, armchairs, chairs, innovative sofa-beds are conceived by Gualtierotti, consequently the most important furniture magazines publish his projects.
ADI and BEDA member.
From 2010 to 2016 he was ADI coordinator of the Tuscan Observatory for Design.
Vice-president of the Museum of Tuscan Design MuDeTo.
- In 1985 wins in Rome the first Design Italiano Prize with the Sofa BILBO’ by Edra.
- In 1987 wins the second Prize at Chicago Neocon with the P/40 chair by Fasem.
- In 1988 designs EUROPA an innovative sofa system for Zanotta.
- In 1995 again with Edra, introduces his changeable seats named FLESSIBILE.
- In 2005 he designs the hide leather chairs CLIP for Fasem.
- In 2006 he designs the changeable structure sofa VELIERO for Dema.
- In 2009 an FLY designs free seat sofa system for Dema.
- In 2014 designs DUDE an sofa system with pet’s bed for Dema.
- In 2015 he designs a collection of chairs and tables for CromoFasem named MOTIVI.
- In 2016 he designs LONGJOY, a sofa system with expandable seats for Casadesus.
- In 2017 he designs a sofa collection for Casadesus named MANDALAY.